The BriX is a multi purpose versatile foamed concrete ( building block which consists primarily of cement based mortar mixed with at least 20 air by volume It has low weight, controlled strength with excellent sound, thermal and fire insulation properties
The following are the just examples of where using foam concrete blocks BriX ) would be
- Insulating cellular concrete for roof decks with 2 hour fire ratings (UL listed)
- Pre cast, reinforced concrete wall, floor & roof panels
- Permeable pavement underlayment & recharge beds
- Slab on grade insulation & sub base fill
- Underground thermal conduit linings
- Pipeline & culvert installation (bedding & backfill)
- Roadway rehabilitation
- Retaining wall backfill
The BriX comes in many forms and sizes, either standard blocks ( for all common applications, flooring and roofing The BriX is also customized as interlocking blocks for facilitated construction especially for walls and separators
Foam Concrete is made by mixing foam into mortar The mortar is a cement mix with sand (for higher densities) and water As a result you end up with a mix that is lighter than “ concrete The mass, or density as we call it here,here,(weight per cubic meter) depends on how much foam is added to the mortar.
BriX is very unique as it is being manufactured by the state of the art foam concrete generator FoamX giving a homogenous mix with the desired densities while being pumped by PumpX RollX series pumps that can discharge foam concrete at densities up to 1400 kg/m 3
For the owners:
- High thermal insulation Energy efficiency Lower energy bills.
- Built to last Better able to withstand natural disasters from hurricanes to fires
- Excellent sound insulation Improved sound attenuation A quiet indoor environment.
- Low water absorption
- Reduce in insect infestation.
- Reduce likelihood of dangerous molds.
- Improved Resale Value For all the reasons mentioned above.
- Fire disaster resistance and safety
- Sound blocking ability.
- Overall comfort
- Earthquake resistant
For the contractors & builders:
- Fast, easy construction
- Light weight for easy shipping purpose.
- Compatibility with carpenter trades
- Ability to meet higher energy code mandates and facilitates complicated construction